Hot Desking in the Fields of Athenry
Hot Desking has come to Athenry thanks to local business people and the Athenry ADC coming together to figure out how to best meet the needs of the new groups of people who are either working from home, remotely from other locations or on the move with work. Hot Desking is the practice of paying for office space in short periods of time (hourly, weekly, monthly etc). This allows great flexibility for people who might be starting in business, travelling or working part time. It also encourages the sharing of facilities, reduced rates and cross pollination of local business communities giving a hub outside of larger urban areas.
The conversation was started between local entrepreneur Martha Fraser and Louise Houlihan-Kelly of the Athenry ADC (Area Development Company) and has moved swiftly from idea stage to inception. The facility will officially open this September and the launch date is set for September 8th at 1pm (see this Facebook event for further details). The Athenry ADC offers Hot Desking, meeting rooms, media room (to record content), kitchen, mail and excellent high speed WIFI at their Old Church Street location in the center of Athenry.
There are rates for both members and non-members (see below for details). For those working for themselves check out the ‘Athenry Self Employed Group‘ on Facebook for networking and local contacts and find the Athenry ADC Facebook page here.
HOT Desk Facility
ADC Hot Office can provide flexible serviced work stations, virtual office, telephone answering, meeting room & other business support services. Hot desking and other services can be paid for on the Athenry ADC site.
Hot Desk office service includes:
Members rate €35/week €5/hour or €120 per month
Non-members €35 per day/€10 per hour or €170 per month
- Workstation & comfortable 5-blade chairs (bring own laptop/tablet)
- WIFI High speed business-rated internet connection
- Power block per station to charge laptop & mobile devices
- Services – Lighting, Heating, Water
- Business Rent & Rates
- Clean, shared kitchen facilities
- Regular Cleaning
- Toilet facilities
- Buildings and Public liability insurance
Virtual Office fees & services:
€30 per month – members
€50 per month – non-members
- On-site receptionist for telephone answer
- take messages & e-mail/text you your message– extra charge
- Office support services extra
- Secretarial support, Telephone Answering, Printing, Photocopying, Scanning, Faxing, Binding, Laminating, Courier service, Post, Projector hire, Stationery services available on a pay-as-you-use basis.
- Business post address
- Registered office and mail forwarding service
- Cost of posting plus 10%
Your Company Name
Training & Enterprise Centre
Unit 3, Old Church Street
Small Meeting Room or Media Room
Day Rate: €30.00 (members)
Day Rate: €45.00 (non-members)
Training Room Hire
€120 per day (Saturday & Sunday) €60 per evening (6:30-9:30pm Mon – Friday) (Members)
€150 per day (Saturday & Sunday) €80 per evening (6:30-9:30pm Mon – Friday) (Non-members)
ADC Membership fee:
€50 per annum including business listing on the Athenry ADC website.
ADC Training & Enterprise Centre, Unit 3, Old Church Street, Athenry, Co Galway