Contacting the Emergency Services
ROI TEL: 112 OR 999
The principal emergency services are the “blue light” services that respond to normal emergencies in Ireland namely An Garda Síochána, the Ambulance Service, the Fire Service and the Irish Coast Guard. These principal emergency services would be the ‘first responders’ in most emergency situations.
The fire, ambulance and police services are all contactable via the above numbers.
When calling emergency services you will be asked to provide:
- The exact address of the incident or emergency and/or any noticeable landmarks nearby
- Directions to the scene of the emergency
- The telephone number you are calling from
- Details on the incident itself, the number of persons involved, the description of any visible injuries and knowledge of any pre-existing medical conditions
- Try and stay calm and listen to the call taker’s instructions. It is also important to keep your own phone on as the emergency service may need to contact you for further information.